Author Archives: arielleilani
[Found on Pinterest]
While there are no more tickets left, Coachella is still something we need to discuss. Hopefully, those of you who are die-hard music fans and hippies at heart have already purchased your ticket. For you, this period of time when the wind blows warm, steady waves of dust through your hair, a simple note of a guitar being played in the far-off distance, and the whimsical musings of a regular bohemian bombshell in her natural habitat, is imperative to your health and general well being.
That said, I’ve compiled a few video’s to steady your withdrawals until the big weekend.
First, I have to say, the 2012 lineup is absolutely extraordinary. I mean, every year it is, but I personally can’t wait to see all these beautiful artists in one, small zone in the entire world. Yes, I am a little obsessed with music. And by obsessed I mean “can’t live without it” and by that I mean “I would literally die without it.” My veins would shrivel up, my lungs would collapse, my brain would fry and my heart would cry its final cry in a pathetic attempt to save itself from this atrocious travesty.
Some artists I can’t wait the 31 days and 6 hours to see: (but who’s counting?)
Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg
The Black Keys
Florence and the Machine
For those of you who are pining with jealousy and seething in anger—there’s always next year! You snooze you lose!
I was feeling inspired last week, and began to comprise a bunch of pictures of Kevin and me. I have never used iMovie before or had any interest in making a video, but once I started, I began to love it! I finally finished it yesterday so I guess I should share it with you! It’s a mix of being really cute and really annoying. Even I am on the fence about it. Typically I’m not a huge fan of mushy, over-the-top “we are so in love” gooey icky romantic blubber. But at the same time, I do think it’s cute. I have to go back and edit a lot of it. It’s my first time, so a lot of it is totally wrong and not to the beat the way I anticipated.
Music video by Of Monsters and Men performing Little Talks. (C) 2012 Universal Republic Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc.
A fun little indie type band I discovered a couple days ago. (Am I slow in the music industry or what?!) How this amazing, talented, eclectic band has gotten past me is beyond me.
If it was an unrealistic world in which you could do what you pleased, you could put together Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and Mumford and Sons, I believe they would sound like this. Enjoy rocking out to this song, because I think this band is on to something. At least, their views on Youtube tell me. I guarantee you’ll rape the repeat button 🙂
I stole that title ↑ from Andy Cohen…
who I am also obsessed with.
So today I’ve been glued to my computer doing Excel spreadsheets all day. The only thing that’s making me not want to run away and take 9 shots of whiskey are these three musicians/bands/artists I’ve discovered. They’re all taking at shot at winning the popularity contest with me, being that they’ve all consecutively remained on repeat for the past few days. What do you think?
Gotye: “Somebody That I Used To Know”
Lana del Rey: “Off To The Races” Amazing lyrics and such a fun beat!
Lana del Rey: “Blue Jeans” (She deserves two videos) V-Day music? 😉
Nico Vega: “Medicine Man” Acoustic Version (fun little band)
Have a good weekend y’all! (I’m getting ready for my Seth clan reunion next year in South Carolaaaaana.)
It used to be “nurses” instead of “teachers.”
I’m glad it’s changed.
Mr. Bodwell… Mrs. Tremblay…Mr. Green… annnd that’s about it. Those are the names of the teachers I remember from school. And that’s quite pathetic, really. I blame 40% of my memory lapse on just not paying much attention in school, and the other 60% on my TEACHERS NOT MAKING ME WANT to pay attention.
There IS a way to effectively communicate to children without them wanting to rip their eyeballs out. If you figure that out, you’re golden. I’m not going to pretend I know how to do that. After all, I don’t want to be a teacher. BUT, I know there is a way.
I came across this Youtube video on my friend Lauren’s Pinterest page. She’s one of my friends who is selfless and motivated and kind enough to want to become a school teacher. And it makes me so proud to know that there are more people out there who are wanting to make a difference in children’s lives, because as I have said in the past, children are our future. The next generations ruler’s of the world. And if you watch this video, you’ll see that if all teachers were like this, we would be on our way to the most successful country in the world.
“Tell me and I’ll forget, show me and I may remember, involve me and I’ll understand.” -Chinese Proverb